Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
PGC-OCS Sustainable Energy has partnered with Prince George’s Community College on the implementation of the Sustainable Energy Workforce Development Program. We are happy to announce the availability of a free online training for County residents interested in obtaining Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist certification. The online course will begin on Monday May 18, 2020 through June 29, 2020. The class is a 40 hour course and will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Those interested can register by visiting http://www.pgcc.edu/sewdp and complete the application.
Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist Prep Course
● To educate the students on the components of the hybrid engine and how it functions
● Learn proper safety procedures and handling of the high voltage battery on hybrid vehicles.
● To educate students on repair techniques, isolation tests and how to diagnose hybrid system failures.
● Learn test taking skills that will assist them to pass the ASE L3 Hybrid test at the end of this course.
● Learn proper customer care and handling skills needed within the dealership/automotive shop setting.
● Currently working within the automotive field
● Possess the ASE A6 and A8 certifications or obtain them before the end of this course
● Prince George’s County resident
Please contact Ms. Kennedy if you have additional questions.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Sustainable Energy and Workforce Development Program Coordinator
301-546-8524 (office) | 301-546-0989 (fax)