Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Who: A total of approximately 200 volunteers from ACON Investments, United Communities Against Poverty (UCAP) and KaBOOM!.
Work is available for volunteers of all levels of skill and ability.
**Please note - All youth under the legal working age for this state will be welcome to participate in youth activities but will not be able to participate in building in the playground construction areas.**
When: Friday, October 25, 2019 from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Where: United Communities Against Poverty at 1400 Doewood Lane Capitol Heights, MD 20743
What's Provided: Breakfast, lunch and water will be provided. Gloves and other safety materials will be provided for the projects that require them.
What to Wear: The playground build will happen rain or shine. Please come dressed for the weather. Closed-toe shoes are required; sneakers or work boots that you don't mind getting dirty are advisable. Please leave valuables at home as secure storage is not available on site.
Build Site Rules: All participants must comply with the following practices. These rules have been established and agreed upon to ensure the safety, comfort and respect for all involved. Failure to comply will result in immediate dismissal from the project.
• Work together, treat everyone with respect and use family-friendly, inclusive language
• Report any unsafe or inappropriate behavior to on-site staff
• Please comply with all requests from on-site staff
• Follow all safety guidelines
• Only pre-approved power tools are permitted
• Closed-toe shoes are required
• Youth may not participate in areas of active construction
• No smoking, alcohol or drugs
• The use or carry of firearms is prohibited *with the exception of certified, active officers
Build Week Schedule
Prep Day 1: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
30 volunteers are needed.
• 8:00 AM - Volunteers arrive and register
• 5:00 PM - All prep work completed (approximate time)
Prep Day 2: Thursday, October 24, 2019
15 volunteers should be on "stand-by" in case they are needed.
• TBD - All prep work completed
Build Day: Friday, October 25, 2019
200 volunteers are needed.
• 6:30 AM - Team Leaders arrive
• 8:30 AM - Kick-off ceremony
• 2:30 PM - Ribbon-cutting ceremony